A. The information we gatherWe gather two (2) types of information about users:
- Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When visitors use the Services, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Services. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of the Sites and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements. We collect non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of “cookies.” For more information, read our section entitled “Cookies” below.
- Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the Services, such as those in which you complete a profile, submit your resume, create a new account, or enter NS-sponsored contests or promotions, we may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, zip code, profession, or work experience. We will, in such situations, seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional.
Nanite Systems services are not available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
B. How we use the information we gather
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while Nanite Systems encourages all third parties involved, including but not limited to its advertisers, to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and users and to otherwise handle personally identifiable information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from Nanite Systems or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with, Nanite Systems, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, users, and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
How we use personally identifiable information: We may use the personally identifiable information a user submits for any purposes related to Nanite Systems business, including, but not limited:
- To understand a user’s needs and create content that is relevant to the user;
- To generate statistical studies;
- To conduct market research and planning by sending user surveys;
- To notify user referrals of NS services, information, or products when a user requests that NS send such information to referrals;
- To improve services, information, and products;
- To help a user complete a transaction, or provide services or customer support to users and to recipients of NS products;
- To communicate with the user and with recipients of NS products and services;
- To email users about services, information, products and offers from our business partners (and as set forth in the Section How we share information we gather);
- To personalize a Site for the user;
- To notify the user of any changes with a Site which may affect the user;
- To allow the user to purchase products, access services, or otherwise engage in activities the user selects.
- To allow us to contact you by phone and/or email.
User names, identifications (“IDs”), and email addresses (as well as any additional information that a user may choose to post) may be publicly available on a Site when a user voluntarily and publicly discloses personally identifiable information, such as when a user posts personally identifiable information in conjunction with content subject to an open source license, uses features to send a message to another user, or as part of a message posted to a public forum or a publicly-released software application. Users may not be able to change or remove public postings once posted. Such personally identifiable information may be used by visitors of these pages to send unsolicited messages. NS is not responsible for any consequences which may occur from the use of personally identifiable information that a user chooses to submit to public pages.
With respect to surveys, in the event that responses are publicly disclosed, users will be notified at the time they take the survey. NS will disclose only aggregate information regarding its users, i.e., anonymous information that does not identify any specific individual. Circumstances under which NS would publicly disclose such aggregate information include, but are not limited to, sharing survey results with the site population, providing data to NS advertisers on user preferences and/or demographics, and publicizing overall usage data in press communications. Where surveys allow users to submit written comments, and where NS advises users of the possibility of such disclosure at the time they take the survey, NS reserves the right to disclose any information provided by users, provided that no personally identifiable information identifying a specific user is disclosed. Participation in surveys is at a user’s option. NS does not conduct mandatory surveys.
C. How we share information we gather
Subject to the foregoing, NS uses your personally identifiable information in several ways. NS may share your personal information with service providers to help us with our business activities such as processing credit cards, email marketing, offering customer service, or operating a community forum. These companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us. NS requires that these third parties establish safeguards to protect the confidentiality of the information that we provide them. We take steps to ensure they subscribe to Safe Harbor, are subject to EU Directive or another adequacy finding, or we enter into a written agreement requiring that they provide at least the same level of protection as required by relevant Safe Harbor principles.
In addition, NS reserves the right to share aggregate information collected from users of the Sites, without prior notice, with entities that are part of the NS corporate family and unrelated third parties. Aggregate information is used in a collective manner and no single person can be identified by such compiled information.
If NS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information. NS reserves the right to assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party your personally identifiable information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of any portion or all of NS’s or its affiliated entities’ assets or stock.
D. Correcting personally identifiable information
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from NS’s database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within NS databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes. If you have provided more than one email address to our service, you may continue to be contacted, unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided.
Access: If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Testimonials: We post customer testimonials on the Sites which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.